- It’s ‘their’ job to fix me
- It’s all about the NHS saving money
- I can’t do it all on my own
- Health care workers know a lot more than me
- It’s all about taking my medicine and giving up smoking
THE DAILY NEWS
- THE WORLD’S FAVOURITE NEWSPAPER
- Since 1879
“It’s all about taking my medicine and stopping smoking”
- I think self management is just telling me to not smoke any more, not to drink and try to diet and take my pills properly… ”, says Chris, 43 years.
- Sarah, 58, views self management in relation to her ability to cope with things since her stroke. She says “it’s about my confidence and being able to take care of myself, wash and get dressed and cook…being able to cope here in the house.”
Self management is not about telling me what to do, but it is about helping me take control and make good choices for myself.