- It’s ‘their’ job to fix me
- It’s all about the NHS saving money
- I can’t do it all on my own
- Health care workers know a lot more than me
- It’s all about taking my medicine and giving up smoking
THE DAILY NEWS
- THE WORLD’S FAVOURITE NEWSPAPER
- Since 1879
“It’s all about the NHS saving money”
- Alec, 61 years. “If I do more for myself it saves them money, all they want to do is save a pound or two at my expense. Its all about cutbacks, nothing to do with what I want “.
- Agnes, 62 years takes the self management approach: “It’s not just about saving money; I also want to be able to help myself. It’s my responsibility to look after my own health for now, and in the future”.
If I self manage I will have a better quality of life and I will be less likely to need health services in the future.