- It’s ‘their’ job to fix me
- It’s all about the NHS saving money
- I can’t do it all on my own
- Health care workers know a lot more than me
- It’s all about taking my medicine and giving up smoking
THE DAILY NEWS
- THE WORLD’S FAVOURITE NEWSPAPER
- Since 1879
“Health care workers know a lot more than me!”
- “Doctors or nurses or people like that – they are meant to know more than you. Therefore I’m not the expert, they are.” said Sinitta, 58 years.
- Henry, 56 years, takes a self management approach. “I used to think that the nurses knew best, but now I try to find out as much about things as I can and if anything goes wrong with me I go and read about it so I’m not afraid to ask questions”.
Knowing more about my condition helps me take control and have a better quality of life.