Neil explains how he managed to get back to playing golf again.
Hints and tips:
- Talk to people who have had a similar experience but are now doing well
- Ask someone to accompany you the first time you go out
- Break your goal down into small sections, don’t try it all at once!
- Look for organisations related to your particular activity and the support that is available
- Prepare for your first visit by letting members know that you are coming
- Using the club restaurant or cafe can be a way to become used to the environment
Something to try
Would any of these hints and tips help you? Make a note of these and think how you could put them into action.